Saturday, January 16, 2010

By Special Request

So a few of you want to know where p00p comes from? Well, any High School anatomy class can teach you this (as well as any three year old). But rising above, and being adult for a moment, we shall meditate on the origin of this word... I don't know.

For those who know me, p00p is a word that had become a part of my dialect. It is not simply because human excretions are funny to me, but rather that this word has special meaning.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I lived in Athens, GA where I was learning to "Be Myself." During this period of self-discovery I created new words like Mupa (which means everything and nothing all at once), and sounds like Mlop (just a sound). I also found new humor in discussing the word p00p. Consider this: Diarrhea. Now before you hit the X at the top of the window or navigate your browser as far away from this page as possible, we will not actually be discussing the true meanings of these words. I have heard it once said that if it were not for the meaning, Diarrhea would make a very pretty girls name.

Consider the word p00p. Remember, don't think about it's meaning. Now say it out loud (or in your head)... p0000000p. It just sounds funny. It almost makes one smile because it has a warm humor to it. This is the reason I use the word p00p. I'm not a feclefeliac (sp?) I just like the sound of the word. Words are fun to me, I like how they audibly sound. And so it is with p00p.

So there you have it.

So, what to write about (other than p00p).

by the way, for those who are offended by the above, I only half apologize. I'm sad that you might be offended, but really, p00p is a natural part of life, and it's perfectly fine to have a p00p talk once in a while. I do apologize though, because I don't aim to offend, so if this is offensive, my followers made me do it.

I love techno. My brother Brad bought me a Way Out West CD. They are one of my favorite artists.
quick roll call of favorite Bands/DJ's:

The Chemical Brothers
Way Out West
Paul Van Dyk
Armin Van Buuren
Sasha
Sasha & John Digweed (the albums that they make together)
The Prodigy
Fatboy Slim

I could probably name some more, but this should suffice to let you know that I like techno/trance.
Hey, TheMann, Why do you like techno? Well, one of my main attractions to it is that there is very little use of lyrics. Artists focus more on the music and cadence of the songs. I like the more upbeat music (maybe because I have a high metabolism?) because it keeps me energized and awake. I do enjoy the slightly slower stuff (like Sasha) because even though it has a beat, you can drown your senses in the ambient movement of the music. One of my favorite things that I used to do (don't really do it now because I don't have time anymore) is to just sit, close my eyes, and listen to an entire mixed Trance CD. One of the things I love most about trance is the environment and soundscapes that are created. You can literally enter an alternate state of thinking when listening to this music (if you allow yourself to of course).

One night (in Athens) I was having a hard time trying to go to sleep, so I decided to crawl out of bed, plug in my headphones, and listen to Tranceport 2 (by Dave Ralph) both CD's. I listened to it curled up in a blanket on my floor with my room lights on. All throughout I had my eyes closed, but the light from the room penetrated and I would create scapes in my head. I began to go half asleep when the next thing I know I opened my eyes and the lights were off. I looked around a bit and went back to listening, and when finally relaxed, I went back to bed. I found out later that my roommate Jason had turned the lights off because he noticed they were on and didn't want to waste the electricity. But for me this experience was extremely trippy. I loved it.

My only complaint with trance is that it's not more popular here in the states. That's stupid if you ask me. You listen to pop music now and it takes many elements from trance and techno, but totally destroyed and puked into a fabricated industry-mongrel's idea of "good." Ever since about the mid-90's pop music has gone to pot. There isn't anything new, it all sounds alike, and it is performed by artists with little talent (if any at all - thank you auto-tune). But hey, this post is about trance and how it rises above all that industrial crap. Well, it just does.

anyways, it's time to eat.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for enlightening us on your love affair with body language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well (speaking of p00p), I know that if I were to say it in front of mom I would probably get the look of death... and it is not an infatuation with natural body processes, it is simply an explanation of how funny the words describing those processes sound. Glad everyone enjoyed though.

    ReplyDelete